Sunday, September 28, 2014

Lazy Sunday!

Oh how I love lazy Sundays :)

In my early 20's it was definitely called Sunday Funday, but now that I am a little older and have a day job it as turned into Lazy Sundays :) Sunday Funday existed when I worked at Applebee's and Sunday was actually my Friday since restaurant servers work Friday and Saturday nights. All my friends and I would have big Sunday Funday parties where we would spend all day drinking some beers while watching football and then headed to the bar that night. We always had a great time and if you happened to work the lunch shift on Monday, we all would be nursing our hangovers in the back between serving customers. Good times! But now I am old and can barely stay up past 9:30 and look forward to wearing my sweatpants all day; which I am totally okay with. I like being in my late 20's and working a regular job where Lazy Sundays are needed.

On this lazy Sunday, I plan on making some baked chicken drumsticks, asparagus and rice-a-roni. Yum! I also really want to make my dad's salsa today since I haven't made it in way too long; I don't recall making it since I have been back from deployment. I also have stuff in my pantry to whip up some puppy chow which also sounds so good! I, also, still have a granny smith apple left with Carmel waiting on the counter for me. This is the problem I run into: I have so many things that I want to cook/bake, but little me can't eat it all! Michael, of course, works today so he won't be around to enjoy all this food, but I am going to indulge anyway and bring leftovers for work.

I am starting to get into the spirit of the fall. Now that the sun is going down earlier and it is cooling off at night I am starting to get into the mood. It is still hard during the day since it still gets up to 85 degrees! It hasn't been this hot this late in the year since we have been here. I like the heat, but I am ready for the cool crispness of fall.

We have officially bought our plane tickets to head back to the Midwest! We are going back for Michael's cousin's wedding and decided to go for 10 days so we can visit family. I am very excited and look forward to seeing everyone's face! The hard part has been splitting up our time so we can see everyone's face. It has been a challenge, but we will just have to do the best that we can. It will, definitely, be a busy 10 days, but completely worth the craziness. Michael and I have never been back to the Midwest together. Every time we visit back home, the other person isn't able to go with so this will be interesting. We have taken vacations together but never to visit family and definitely not flying together. This will be a fun adventure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment