Thursday, February 12, 2015

Throwback Thursday

I am bringing my old blog entries back to life. :) my original blog was started when I first enlisted, my 2nd blog was started when I first got married and I just kind of dropped my original one. I reread some of the original posts and thought it would be good to share those. Those posts are a small glimpse into my first few months of the biggest turning point of my life. Enjoy!:)

Well I figured the best way to share my newest adventure was to start a blog. I think writing all my thoughts and feelings out will help me keep any stress or anxiety down and any excitement and happiness up. With my newest life changing decision the best way for me to share what's going on is to blog. :P

Well I am officially in the Navy. I enlisted 3 weeks ago and just had my first DEP (Delayed Entry Program) meeting last night. Its a monthly meeting to discuss expectations and worries we may have, work out a little bit and get tested on all the things we need to memorize. It's to help us prepare for basic training. Whenever I'm around my fellow recruits I get so motivated to leave and start this new journey but then I come home or head to work and this whole new life is put on the back burner. It's starting to get a little frustrating. I don't really like being inbetween being a civillian and a sailor. I'm ready to just get going and dive right in. People ask if I'm nervous or excited and it really depends on the day. One day I will be dreadfully nervous and wondering what I got myself into because i'm usually thinking about missing my family and friends. But then the next day I'm can be so pumped to go because my job is going to be awesome and I hope to see the world. I love to travel and try new things and this is going to be amazing. The waiting is starting to seem like the worst part.

Let's see...i only have about a month and a half left in Fargo!!! I'm tired of being here. While I've met some great people that I will truely miss, Fargo is just dreadfully boring. Let's not even talk about Fargo winters!! I will be moving out of my apartment at the very end of September and moving home for the month of October. I'll spend some time with my grandparents and friends (Krista, Ryan, Jess) down in Minneapolis and then my brother's wedding will be middle of October. Then shortly after I leave!! While each day feels like it takes forever, the next 3 months are going to fly by!!

Anchors Away!

No comments:

Post a Comment