Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cali *heart*

I just have to say that I love living in California!!

Michael and I went to the beach today, although the air was still cool it was so great to walk around on the sand, go into some shops and take a look at all the rides and food that was there. I can't wait for it to get warmer so I can spend my weekends there. They also had areas with firepits right on the sand; a late night bonfire on the beach would be AMAZING! If it weren't for how much I love my family I would probably never move back to the Midwest. The weather is great, the people are nice, and there is so much to do!


On a completely separate note: I have just started to work out again. I never really seem to gain more than 5 pounds when I stop working out, things just start to jiggle and clothes don't fit as great as I would like them to. My goal is to tone up and lose about 7-10lbs. I know it doesn't sound like much and I typically don't talk about losing weight to other people because I know what their reaction is going to be...."you are so skinny! you have no weight to lose!". I know I am a petite person. My grandma is petite, my mom is petite and so am I. BUT....I am not in shaped and tone like everyone assumes that I am. I don't have a six pack, a butt that doesn't bounce or thighs that don't jiggle. Just because I am not 200lbs doesn't mean that I don't need to work out to attack my insecurities. So I have started to work out again and I plan on sticking to it. I am not much a runner and while when I pick up running I get better at it, I don't tend to ever really enjoy it like so many people do. So I will be doing some running and adding some weight training and basic squats, push-ups and sit-ups. Hopefully by blogging about my workouts and my goals it will help me stay on track. I need to get beach ready! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment