Exactly one year ago today I graduated from Navy Boot-Camp. It was pretty much the craziest experience of my life and I recently discovered the journal I kept while I was there and thought that now would be a good time to give a little look into the world of military boot-camp:
08Nov10
Well we just finished day 5 and it has been crazy!...to say the least. I was so nervous on the plane and then we had to ride a bus for almost an hour in complete silence. We got to base and started processing in with a long night ahead of us. we got to base at about 9:00pm and were up until 10pm the next day. Boy was everyone tired. The very first few days everyone got there it was chaos. Two kids threw up form drinking too much water before the piss test, once we got into our divisions a girl in mine was crying within the first few hours saying she wanted to go home and a few hours later she "hurt her back" while carrying her pack and left. A few others left within the next couple days. Those of us that have made it the first 5 days are in for HELL tomorrow. We will be "fit for duty" after the doctor visit which means the RDC's will be allowed to exercise us when we screw up. Some people are more screwed than others. I, on the other hand, have done a pretty good job at keeping my mouth shut and literally doing exactly what I'm told to do. I guess things aren't as bad as I though; they aren't good by all means but I have confidence I can survive this hell we have to go through. I just like to focus on my daily tasks throughout the day and dream about graduation and the people I love who I will get to see. I miss everyone a ton but the days are so packed and the nights are so short that I barely have time to think about it which I think helps move things along faster. The food isn't so bad either; alot of chicken like I thought but decent. It was funny seeing everyone eat only salads and fruit the first few meals and only finish about half of it before our eating time was up, but now everyone is so hungry that they just get everything they can and finish it with time to spare. The food does make you gassy which is odd because you literally have zero privacy. ZERO. All the females shower in a large room together, sleep in a large room, piss in a large room with only curtains closing it in. But there's no time to hesitate so all the ladies hop in and lather up in about 12 minutes. Boy I can't wait to have my first real shower by myself! My bunk mate is pretty sweet. Her dad is a retired chief so she gets the "shut up, stand up" mentality. I'm glad I'm not stuck with someone sucky because your bunk mate and you watch each other's backs! we also got issued work uniforms today. It was AWESOME to be in a real navy uniform! It felt like a little reward :). Well got to get up at 0315 which is in about 5 hours so I'm out!
SR WYMORE
09Nov10
Well after a long day of visiting the dentist, eye doctor and hearing doctor, signing a GI Bill and waiting to get our asses kicked but instead all of the girls have decided to bitch each other out. There is alot of estrogen in here and I have decided to boost moral! :) I started to get to know the girls' names and a little about them. I'm not here to make friends but some of our "leader" (which I use that term loosely) have loved having all the power and want none of the responsibility. AROC (our female leader) got IT'd (Intense Training) tonight because we were slow, but the female division was slow because AROC didn't give us any direction so it was her fault. All the girls are tired and bitchy and are only worrying about what the other girl is doing wrong. Well, I'm going to be the comic relief. Shut my mouth during the day and cheer the girls up in the evening. Maybe that will help calm everything down. It's only been a week so I hope things won't be like this for long. Other wise it's going to be the girls that make boot camp hell, not the RDC's. Some of the girls in Division 905 that we share a compartment with are pretty cool. Yes, we share a space with another division of girls which brings the total to about 80 females in a compartment of bunks. Had a late night chat with them about stupid, bitchy, 18 year old girls. Whatever, all i need to do is my own shit and I'm golden to graduate. Just need to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm still missing everyone but the pictures really help. It's good to see Michael's face! I just hope he hasn't forgotten about me and that I hear from him soon. A few of the girls saw his picture on my rack and thought he was "hot and gorgeous". Of course I agreed! I hope he is doing alright and enjoying time with his friends and family. I miss having his sister around too. She's just about my age and we have a lot of things in common. *sigh* I need to go to bed because thinking about home makes me miss it too much.
<3
I'm going to continue to type up my journal entries, but there are a few of them so they won't all be in one blog post.
No comments:
Post a Comment