Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012: A New Year

It has been quite some time since I have made a post of any kind....sorry. Not like I really have followers or that my posts are interesting enough to where my few followers would be upset that I haven't posted.

Anyway......

December was a whirlwind of a month. I can hardly remember. After starting my new job, getting settled into our new house, learning the area and Christmas shopping there wasn't much time for anything else. I work about 11 hours a day, 6 days a week. It's exhausting. I am just enjoying some holiday time off that I took so I could get a chance to catch my breath. You would think that once I finally had a day off that I would sit on my butt and do absolutely nothing but that was completely not the case. My hubs and I actually drove to Sacramento to spend some times with the Mexican side of his family. It was a lot of fun and quite the experience for a small-town, white, Midwestern girl. I picked up the essential Spanish words I needed to get by and stuffed my face with incredibly delicious Mexican food all week long. I found my husband's grandma to be the most entertaining. Because she doesn't know any English she has learned to be quite animated to get her point across.

Other than family we met of with some of his old friends for New Year's Eve which was a great time! I am not the type of person to make New Year's resolutions and I think it is because I would need to make too many for me to keep up with.
I want to:
       Work out/ Become a runner/ Have a baby/ Crochet more/ Join a choir/ Go back to school/ Work on       certifications for my career/ Learn to bake/ Cook more/ Save more money/ Do theatre again/ Buy a piano and keep playing/ Continue writing
             
...............and the list could go on and on and on. But regardless of my list of "To Do's" in 2012, I thoroughly enjoyed my first moments of the new year. We don't know anybody in San Diego yet so it felt really good to put some heels on and go out with my husband. We also realized that we are getting to be an old married couple since we were home and in bed by 1am. :)

Owell.....you can't be 21 forever.

1 comment:

  1. If we move to California, we can have crochet dates :) I love crocheting! and baking!

    ReplyDelete