Sunday, January 8, 2012

Boot Camp Continued...

10Nov10
My ass hurts!!! We got our shots today and so my arms are sore and my butt hurts so bad. We got the "peanut butter" shot in our butt to really boost our immune systems. Also had a nice female exam. Actually that was oddly the best part of my day. I thought it was ironic that the most I have laughed and smiled within the last week was when I was sitting, waiting to get a pap smear, how ridiculous does that sound?! That's because a Petty Officer put hip hop music on for us to listen to so we got to rock out for 30 minutes. It was awesome! 
As for the girl drama....it sucks! Majority of our females are 18 so they are struggling with taking orders from peers that are in a leader position. Well their bitchy attitudes have now got us a one way ticket to shit town. Our female Petty Officer, who we call Miss Trunchbowl (from the movie Matilda), has promised us an IT session tomorrow to makes sure we know we aren't in high school anymore. Shitty! At least we get to sleep until 0600 tomorrow! It is 2300 now so time to get 7hrs of sleep instead of 3 like the last couple nights.
                 58 more days....




11Nov10
Happy Veteran's Day! Crazy to think that technically I am a veteran. Of course I haven't earned the right to be acknowledged on this day but I hope one day it will have big meaning to me. Today was a very stressful day. The IT today was hell for 90 minutes. I was sweating constantly! The good thing was that I did it. It was the toughest workout I have had in my life but I survived and was way above average for fitness which has motivated me more. There were girls crying, guys puking, a girl was cheating on her exercises so we had to do ones longer, a male decided to get a drink in the middle and they made him stand in front of us and drink his whole canteen; he later puked. I hope I get awesome muscles out of this crap. We still have girls not listening, talking, rolling their eyes, talking back and giving attitude. Even after we weer IT'd for girls bitching last night, they still don't get it. We have weak links that need to be weeded out. They don't take direction at all from their peer leaders. Our female leader is weak in the fitness and the RDC's threaten to fire her already, we'll see. I know I can do this. And at graduation recruits can get honorable recognition, which would be badass! I need to stay focused and do the best I can. 
I'm really missing my Michael tonight. I miss his arms around me and his kisses and smile and laugh and all his cheesy jokes. I really want a letter from him just to have reassurance that he's still there. I trust that he is. I just want the comfort of having him tell me he loves me. I need to remember how good this will be for us. We can be together completely after A-School and travel the world together. this the first night of tears. I'm stressed, tired, sore from shots, missing Michael and my family and the combination of all of them has just gotten to me tonight. But Alas!....one more day done. Think I need to write out the days to cross off. Then I can see how taking it one day at a time will add up.


12Nov10
Just breathe. Today was better. I kicked ass today. I only had to do 20 jumping jacks for the day and other females had to do more exercises for mistakes they made all day. I know I can handle boot camp. I know I can kick ass. I feel like this is where I'm suppose to be. I feel like I am myself and that I am on the right path. This doesn't feel like some crazy idea I will never accomplish but something that is right for me. The discipline I am getting is making me stronger and making me be the person I've wanted to be. I feel like I will finally be successful and proud of myself. I need to focus on these long term goals and feelings and not pay any attention to all the drama. I honestly would rather have the RDC's yelling in my face and IT'ing for hours than have to listen to the females complain. We aren't working as a team and some only focus on who is bossing who around rather than getting the job done. Dealing with these females is stressful. Especially when I get along better with males. It's not that I don't get along with someone, I just don't understand how some people don't do their job. We are getting paid right now and we need to make sure we get shit done and do our job. I need to keep doing what I'm doing; making sure I'm squared away and being a team player second. I truly believe that members of a team need to worry about themselves first before they can tell others what to do. Hopefully we can figure it out, the sooner the better. Tonight has to be a short entry since3 I have watch tonight at 0200 to 0400 but I have to iron my uniforms first at 0100. Ouch! but we did receive our NWU's (Navy Working Uniform) with our last name sewn onto them. Love them! 
                  Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Cody, I love that you're transcribing these entries! Have you ever thought about editing/composing them into a longer narrative? I think it's so great, and important, to have women's voices/experiences recognized. Seriously, I think you could so something really cool with these journal entries :)

    ReplyDelete